Coinbase Earn is a program where users can earn a couple dollars worth of crypto simply by completing short quizzes. This post will walk you through the process step-by-step.
A couple months ago, I compared several top US-regulated cryptocurrency trading platforms: Coinbase, Gemini, and BlockFi. For a more in-depth review, check out this post:
New Coinbase Users
- Be sure to read the post linked above to understand the basics of Coinbase, including the transaction fee differences between Coinbase vs. Coinbase Pro, as well as pros/cons compared to other platforms.
- Sign up for an account (consider using my link below). Since this is a fully regulated exchange in the US, you will need to verify your identity.
[Referral link] Get free $10 in Bitcoin (BTC) when you buy or sell $100 or more (not including fees) on Coinbase within 180 days of signing up.
Existing Coinbase Users
1. Sign in to your Coinbase account (this is better done through the desktop Web UI)
2. If lessons are available to you (sometimes it takes a few days after signing up for new account to show up), you should see something like this:
Click into any of these:
3. You may be asked to verify your identity again (even if you already verified before). If you see the text "You are on the waitlist", feel free to do nothing and just come back and check again in a few days. Most of the time it will automatically approve you. However, if you want to earn immediately, you can also upload your ID to expedite the process.
4. Once you are approved, you will be asked to watch short videos (like Instagram stories / Snapchat) and complete multiple choice questions (don't worry, they are super easy):
If you are not interested in watching the videos, Doctor of Credit has been really great in posting quiz answers. Here is an example post for SKALE (SKL) coin.
Anddddd....you're done! Note that these are considered income, so selling them immediately will result in capital gains (but hey, taxable gains are still better than no gains). Personally, I tend to just hold onto them and hope they increase in value (think of it as an altcoins ETF). For reference, I completed several of these quizzes in January 2021 earning a total of around $50. In only a few short months, the total combined value of these coins are now valued at approximately $150!
Coin earn availability changes all the time, but here are some that are working as of this post. Some currencies do not automatically show up in user accounts, but clicking on direct links sometime help activate them:
- Compound (COMP) $9
- Stellar Lumens (XLM) $10
- The Graph (GRT) $3
- Ampleforth Governance Token (FORTH) $3
- SKALE (SKL) $3
- Polygon (MATIC) $3
There is a limited supply that can be claimed, so be sure not to wait too long to complete these quizzes. That being said, there are always new coins coming out so there will be future opportunities as well:
Like the Content? Additional Questions?
If you enjoyed the content and/or have found it helpful in any way, please consider supporting this site by using any of my referral links or simply by giving a like/follow on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter!
If you have any additional questions or feedback, feel free to leave them in the comments below, or reach out directly on social media! I respond to every message and am happy to help you find the financial products/strategies that work best for your individual situation!